Monday, September 14, 2009

The New Digs


So a lot had happened since my 21 mile jaunt through Northern CT last month. In the past, my lack of posts have meant two things - laziness and excuses. This past month has been different.

I've made a move to NYC to take part in the New York Film Academy's Broadcast Journalism program. It all happened over a three week span and it included daily trips to NYC, selling my home in Suffield, switching over my real estate practice and eventually moving in and starting school. While I missed about ten days of training and had to pass on the trip to Montreal, I still managed to get a bunch of five mile runs in. I'm still planning on running the Hartford Marathon in October and hope to take part in the Philly Marathon on November 22.

The new running routes have been pretty awesome. I've run through Flatiron, Chelsea, East Village, Soho, Greenwich Village, Tribeca, Financial District, Midtown, West Village along the East River and the Hudson River. I'll be making my first Central Park run tomorrow and have already joined the New York Sports Club. I must admit that I miss the barking of the dogs late at night on Main Street, but having the chance to explore New York City and still get my runs in have been exciting.

There is much more to tell as time goes on. For now, you all are going to have to be happy with this update. See in in Hartford in October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment