Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pollen... pshhhh


I've never had allergies in my life. I don't know what they feel like, how to get rid of them or if they can be contained or stopped. What I do know is that I've felt miserable the last few days. My eyes are puffy, my throat is sore, my nose is running and I have no energy. I'm hoping it's just a cold. A cold will eventually break. Allergies are a gift that keeps on giving.

The Lady over at Nice Streets has been picking it up a notch. She is runnin' and gunnin' with a sense of purpose and is definitely motivating those around her. Knowing this, I can't let the sniffles hinder me from accomplishing this week's goals. I manned up this past weekend with a run of 4.5 miles on Saturday and 6.4 on Sunday. I needed to pick it up because I only ran the 2.5 mile run last Tuesday. I ended up with 13.4 miles for the week, but am not happy with having missed the scheduled Wednesday and Thursday runs. So this week I start the regular three mile jaunts. I'll be going with 3 miles tonight, four miles tomorrow, three miles Thursday and a scheduled 4 miles for the weekend. It will be a total of 14 miles, but I'm hoping to go a couple extra miles on Saturday or Sunday. I'm up to over 65 miles total in this training regimen and it's getting to "Go Time"...and I'm not letting a little pollen get in my way!

1 comment:

  1. No, No, No. YOU motivate ME! Are you on anything? Claritin? Tylenol Head and Cold Severe? Caffeine Pills? I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete