Saturday, April 25, 2009

Coercion, Manipulation and Intimidation = Persuasion

Three days of one-mile runs and I'm getting cocky. After getting seriously worked over, I've decided that my first three mile run won't be in the confines of my friendly hometown neighborhood loop but rather along the Ct River and farmlands of South Glastonbury in the Glastonbury River Run on Sunday.

This will be my first 5k. Well, technically its my second, but that one was a walk and I was surrounded by family and friends. I'm throwing myself straight into the fire here only five days in and there is alot going through my head.

1.) What if I finish last?
2.) What if these ol' getaway sticks just can't take the distance?
3.) Will I hold up the others I'm running with?
4.) What effect will the 90 degree weather have?
5.) Do I get a T-shirt?

The best thing about the schedule I have set up is that it allows for some flexibility on weekends. I had originally planned for the three mile run to be today with cross training on Sunday. By switching it up, I can still get my three miles in plus I can get a good marker as to where I stand in relation to my pace. This will be the foundation run and hopefully every run from here will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment