Thursday, April 23, 2009

If I Could Inspire Just One Person ...

We've heard it before. From professional athletes, musicians or educators, we've heard the old cliche - "If what I do could effect just one person positively than the experience is all worth while," blah blah blah.

Only 48 hours into this epic journey and, together, we have inspired not one, but two aspiring marathon runners to document their triumphs and struggles on their way to this year's Hartford Marathon.

These gals appearently reside in Connecticut. One, I think, is some sort of wizard and the other a one-legged European football player. The blog can be found at NiceStreets.com Be sure to follow along as they find out about life, love and the pursuit of the ultimate dream along the mean (or nice) streets of Central Connecticut.

Ran 1.2 miles in the rain last night and took me just over ten minutes. While I am not concerned with time, it was good to know exactly how out of shape I am at the start of this. I'd be lying if I didn't admit my calves were a little sore when I got into bed last night. To go along with the running, I am also doing crunches before and after each run. Only a total of 50 last night, but hoping to get them up to 400/day by the end of next week. Today is a scheduled one-mile run but I may push it to 1.5 miles. I'm looking forward to the three mile run Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! We are DYING at the pictures. Hilarious. Why am I a wizard? I named our blog "nice streets" because every time someone showed up to soccer wearing regular sneakers, or "streets" we would scoff at them and under our breathe, mutter, "nice streets, loser". Figured it came full circle, as our cleats have now been retired and its streets for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wizard, Scientist , whatever... you spend your days in a dark lab mixing potions and shooting lasers out of your wrists...

    ReplyDelete