Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feelin' Good

I'm ready to dominate the streets of Glastonbury Sunday! Ran 2.5 miles in about 23 mins last night, mostly uphill and it was a piece of cake. Not gonna lie to you, I'm feelin' good.

I still haven't gotten new sneaks and I'm not sure its gonna happen before the race Sunday. I'm ok with that. I can take the heat from those around me for one more week. However, I know I can't show up again wearing ankle-length Carolina Blue shorts without having my group throw me under the bus by pointing and laughing, but the sneaks I think I can get away with.

One mile planned for tonight but I think I'm gonna do the same 2.5 as last night. Rest day coming tomorrow.

In other news, Saturday is the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby. In year's past, I would have studied this field for the past two weeks. I'd know every horse, trainer, jockey and puff piece side story in the race. While I would never pick the winner, I would be a load of information for anyone around me. This year is different. I'm thinking of going with the one whose name sounds like something I'd have called a college buddy or ex-girlfriend. So after looking over the field - I think the exacta box will be Dunkirk and Summer Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment