Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grammar, Obama, Weirdos and Swine Flu

A few things...

1.) My grammar is awful. I don't try to hide it. I know it. I live with it.

I confuse "then" and "than", I never know when to use " , " or " ; " , and I write like I think.

I have known this for years. I can research with the best of them, come up with a witty comment every now and then (or than??) and enjoy doing it. So if any of you can give me any advice on improving my grammar than (or then) I will gladly take it.

2.) Today is Barack Obama's 100th day as President. This means my own personal first 100 days challenge is up. We've gone from 248lbs to 210lbs in this time. The 25-week running schedule is the Phase II of this. The idea is to gradually get off of the no-carbs and into a healthier, well-balanced diet. I'm gonna keep up the no-carbs until I break the mendoza line and I'm expecting that happens in the next month. My new goal is to try and shrink greater than the American economy in the next 100 days.

3.) I've gotten over my fear of the neighbors thinking I'm a weirdo for running at night. I'm just not a morning work-out person. I hope this changes because the marathon has a morning start time. As I get closer to Race Day, I'll need to prepare myself with a.m. runs. I'm just not there yet.

4.) The gals over at NiceStreets are very clever. I concede they are better writers then (than) me and I can live with that. Be sure to follow them as well.

5.) Was I over the top for running last night with a facemask? I mean, you can never be too safe, right?

Two-mile run coming tonight. Still undecided as to the route, but I'm feeling confident I can do it without a problem.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA! on the facemask!!

    This might help with tonight...

    www.mapmyrun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy to see you finally embraced the highlighted link feature, Amanda... its often underutilized but will contribute positively to your storytelling... hit the streets and get ready for the Baja... no excuses this weekend Krystina... why do you not allow comments on your blog? Let the voice of the people be heard!!! Censorship is for kids, silly rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cant comment on our blog? thats weird.

    ReplyDelete