Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Excuses are like...




Before getting into all the reasons why I only ran one mile instead of the scheduled two last night, I need to comment on the brunch I had with some friends this morning. It's not everyday that I run into four elephants just chillin' on Trinity Street in Hartford. The most shocking thing was how healthy these guys were eating. They had carrots, bananas and leafy greens. This is much different than the breakfast I had today. It made me seriously question my a.m. eating habits.

It also reminded me of the clown joke.

Back to last night. I can blame the weather. I can blame the lack of energy. I can blame American Idol Rock night or the Red Sox-Yankees game.

But I won't.

I just didnt have the heart. I lacked the will to run those extra two laps and thats what is eating away at my soul today. Even Krystina, with one leg, high heels and a tiara showed more dedication.

This can only mean one thing. I gotta push it tonight. That three mile run has now been bumped up to four. That scheduled rest day for Friday is now a run day. That 20oz sirloin is now a sloppy joe.

Until then...






...if you're running around Bushnell Park - watch where u step.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! Best blog post EVER and you are so right! Excuses are not cool, but they are cool when you have tons of excuses NOT to do something and you do it anyway. Which, you and I together, have PLENTY of my friend. Which is why we are awesome. Anyway, very motivating post my friend, very motivating.

    ReplyDelete