Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No Carbs No More




Ok... I'm finally giving in. After finding relative success with the no carb diet and being bullheaded towards trying any other way, I've decided to take the advice of pretty much everyone and change my eating habits to a more training friendly variety. Starting June 1, I'm going to be incorporating weight training into the schedule. I have purchased a training log (as if this site isn't enough) and am going to be lifting three days a week. The program will have a very regimented 12-week lifting schedule. I will be doing a three week loop of workouts, meaning if I do a certain exercise Week 1 than I won't do the same exercise again until Week 4. I will be focusing on the same muscles each corresponding day of the week, but mixing it up. I blame Adam Waters(see below) for this addition to the training.

In order to give myself the best chance at success, I need to eat the right foods. Good nutrition, or bad nutrition, is the best friend or worst obstacle to reaching any fitness goals. The eating plan will include 6 or 7 light meals a day. I will have around 15-20% PROTEINS, 20-25% FATS and the 60-65% CARBOHYDRATES. I already know this is going to drive me nuts. I'm hoping to plan my week's meals out a head of time (at least for the first 12 weeks). This will be difficult to do during the Summer, but is there ever a "not difficult" time to completely change one's bad eating habits. I've finally reached the Mendoza line and I don't plan on getting back on the scale again until Fourth of July. I expect that by adding muscle I will gain weight, so looking at it daily or weekly could only end up distracting me. Like cavemen before me, I'll go on how my clothes fit and how I physically feel to judge my weight.

So... there it is. I will be getting into much greater detail in the week ahead. I'm gonna have to get over my lifelong objection to eating vegetables. I'm gonna stock up at Costco on chicken breasts, tuna, brown rice and oatmeal and try to give this a go. Just know ahead of time that I'm not gonna enjoy it and come September 1, if I don't see the results I hope for(see top of post), I'm going back to a steady diet of eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, more cheese, steak, ham salad and cool whip.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, more cheese, steak, ham salad, and cool whip.

    good for you! carbs are our friends!

    ReplyDelete