Friday, May 8, 2009

My Bad...

Following the self-inflicted beat down I dropped on myself Wednesday, I'm back to where I'm supposed to be mileage-wise heading into the weekend. High-Five!

So on to last night...

I didn't hit the damp streets of Main Street until close to 11:30pm. First, I'm really enjoying the late night jaunts. It's a great way to end the day and gives me time to evaluate whatever happened throughout that day and to prepare for whats to come tomorrow. Second, it allows me to hit the sack feeling I have accomplished at least one of the days' goals. And third, I get encouraged to run faster by the chorus of barking dogs that seem to be telling me "run faster", "you can do it, G" and "roof, roof, roof."



Yes, this running schedule is beginning to influence the good people of Suffield's sleeping habits. While this shouldn't be funny to me, the echo of dogs barking as I float up and down the street is inspiring (and sort of funny). It took me awhile to realize it, but I must have woken up every single person along Main Street last night. I sorta feel bad about this, but my guess is these four-legged friends will become accustomed to my unorthodox schedule and not bark quite as violently in the future.
Or...

My runs will all but guarantee I lose my hometown again in any future elections. Only time will tell...

Gonna award myself with the scheduled day off today and get ready for the BIG 5.5 mile Salmon River Run in Colchester/East Hampton tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. After tomorrow we are 1/5 of the way there!

    HAHA the dogs were NOTTTT saying "Go George!! You can do it!" hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure... now your not only a personal life/marathon coach but also a dog whisperer... I could hear the echos of these supporters loud and clear - most were more than encouraging. As in life, some were not but in Suffield free speech(or bark) reigns and they are entitled to their opinion... at this posting we're a mere 154 days and 18 hrs away from glory... and by the end of tomorrow the three week count will be about equal to a marathon... just hope it doesnt take me three weeks to finish in October...

    ReplyDelete